BIG FAT WARNING: Breaking X in rawhide

Adam Jackson ajackson at redhat.com
Thu Oct 25 19:42:53 UTC 2007

Hopefully I have your attention.

We're working on a lot of stuff that's going into upstream X really
soon.  It's going to be quite disruptive, many drivers will fail to
launch, etc.  Good stuff, but disruptive.

I want to rebase rawhide to git xserver really soon, before November if
possible but definitely before December.  I'll work to make sure most
people can get _some_ X when that happens, but it's definitely going to
hurt for about a month.

I want to make sure everyone knows this is coming, and if anyone has
suggestions for how to time this best and communicate all the caveats
and workarounds, please, speak up now.

- ajax