SUID binaries in the repo

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Fri Oct 26 17:01:31 UTC 2007

On Fri, Oct 26, 2007 at 12:53:25PM -0400, Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Fri, 26 Oct 2007 11:43:18 -0500
> "Michael Stahnke" <mastahnke at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Also keep in mind that not everyone runs rpmlint after each
> > commit/change.  Some only use it when submitting/reviewing new
> > packages.
>
> Honestly we need rpmlint ran after every build in Koji as part of
> post-build processing.  Maybe even stuff the rpmlint output into the
> koji db for future reference, or at least on the filesystem in the same
> places as the buildlogs.

Merely reporting rpmlint output after every build isn't going to be too
scalable, because there can be alot of noise in its output. What we really
need is to compare the new rpmlint output to the rpmlint output of the
previous build in that build target. So that we only see 'differences'
& thus can easily spot regressions.  You can extend this to other RPM
semantics comparisons beyond just rpmlints, so we can do better at spotting
regressions in Fedora updates automatically.

Dan.