Should we settle on one SSL implementation?

Steve Grubb sgrubb at redhat.com
Sat Oct 27 17:23:18 UTC 2007

On Saturday 27 October 2007 12:16:27 pm Oisin Feeley wrote:
> It hasn't ... yet.  But the US government is mandating that it not be
> used after 2010, so anyone wanting to be able to fulfill that needs to
> plan now how to make the transition:

Correct. This is probably the reason why Vista is SHA256 everywhere, too.

During F9, there will be another parallel and somewhat related project to hunt
down places where md-5 and sha-1 are being used and look at improving the
situation so that sha-256, and in some cases other hash algorithms, could be
used.

-Steve