Can Netbeans 6.0 beta 2 or higher make it's way in the fedora repo?

Mark markg85 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 28 12:21:29 UTC 2007

> > Packaging is not a free thing. It takes time energy and someone who is
> > going to deal with it. Most people who have packages are usually
> > swamped as it is... so if you see something you would like to get into
> > Fedora.. first check to see if someone is already packaging it, and
> > then volunteer to do it yourself (or help someone who can). Otherwise
> > its not going to happen.
>
> Plus, there's a little fame if not fortune, and usually a few people
> willing to help.
>
> I'd be willing to be that if you can *use* netbeans, you can certainly
> learn to *package* netbeans, and as an avid user, you're in excellent
> position to make sure the package actually works.  :)
>
> -Eric

I can't make RPM packages from scratch so therefore i think it's best
to leave that to a professional RPM packager. But if noone else is
willing to do it than i would like to give it a try.. and i probably
need a lot of help along the way.

So is anyone up to this? or is there someone that is willing to help
me with this? i have nearly no rpm packaging experience. (i edited
specs before and compiled the package but i didn't made a spec from
scratch)