Can Netbeans 6.0 beta 2 or higher make it's way in the fedora repo?

Debarshi 'Rishi' Ray debarshi.ray at gmail.com
Sun Oct 28 18:06:09 UTC 2007

> I can't make RPM packages from scratch so therefore i think it's best
> to leave that to a professional RPM packager. But if noone else is
> willing to do it than i would like to give it a try.. and i probably
> need a lot of help along the way.

Better assume that no is willing to package Netbeans for you, and do
it yourself.

It is really not hard. Use Max RPM (http://www.rpm.org/max-rpm/) and
the Fedora packaging guidelines
(http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/Guidelines) for help and you
will be ready to go. If you stumble, look at some pre-existing SPEC
files for help.

It is really fun to be a Fedora packager. Go for it. ;-)

Cheers,
Debarshi
--
GPG key ID: 63D4A5A7