dangling symlinks in rpm packages for Fedora-devel

Michael Schwendt mschwendt.tmp0701.nospam at arcor.de
Mon Oct 29 14:00:29 UTC 2007

On Mon, 29 Oct 2007 14:51:59 +0100, Patrice Dumas wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 29, 2007 at 09:12:55AM -0400, Matthias Clasen wrote:
> >
> > Does rpmlint inform about links pointing outside the package ?
> > That would be useful.
>
> It does.
>
> but here we also need a periodic check, because change in other packages
> may lead to broken links.

If you mean that you link from within one package to a file included
within a different package, then the package is missing "Requires:
/path/to/link/target", isn't it?

Of course, you can try to get away with just "Requires: some-pkg-name",
but that is too fragile, especially if you already believe that the
linked file might be dropped any time.