RadeonHD driver status

Trever L. Adams trever.adams at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 22:37:30 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-10-31 at 08:18 +1000, Dave Airlie wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-10-30 at 13:58 -0600, Trever L. Adams wrote:
> Neither of them work good enough yet. One works on some cards the other
> on other cards, one support dual-head, the other not so much etc..
>
> So yes your sample set of one is enough for us to base all our future
> decisions on.
>
> Thanks,
> Dave.

Actually, sample set of more than one. I have two machines I directly
maintain that use the RadeonHD where Avivo was garbage. Additionally,
there are others I help maintain or advise on.

Also, I don't think Avivo should be discarded yet, though from reading
around, it is going to be a dead end, supposedly. But, RadeonHD
shouldn't be left out either.

Just because I didn't give my sample size (which the above is as close
as you will get as I cannot give specifics, for privacy reasons, of many
machines I work with/on), doesn't mean I am some brain-dead "me too" or
"your dumb" person.

Thank you,
Trever
--
"The hands that help are better far than the lips that pray." -- Robert
G. Ingersoll