KDE logout options with F8

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Wed Oct 31 02:14:41 UTC 2007

Bill Nottingham wrote:
> Rahul Sundaram (sundaram at fedoraproject.org) said:
>> It sure is since xorg-x11-xdm is available in the repository
>
> Thanks for dismissing my argument without even reading the context of it!
> You're swell.

I didn't see any context since you just said inflicting XDM is cruel
without specifying why. If someone installs just Xorg without any
desktop environment, I don't see why the default Xorg display manager
would be a bad choice. The only users who are going to install just Xorg
are power users and we don't have to worry about them too much since
this is a corner case.

Besides my point was that if users select GNOME they should get GDM and
if users select KDE, they should get KDM. Is anyone willing to respond
to that?

Rahul