KDE logout options with F8

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Wed Oct 31 04:54:32 UTC 2007

Matthias Clasen <mclasen <at> redhat.com> writes:
> Well, it still applies, as an argument for not shipping it in the
> repository at all...

You can pry KDM from my cold, dead hands. Removing KDM is not going to happen.

> How exactly did we get from "there is a bug in the interaction between
> gdm and kde" to "omg kde uses a program that starts with g, that can't
> be correct" ?

Because the topic happened to come up here now, just a few days after we
discussed this exact issue in the KDE SIG meeting (October 9).

And the problem isn't that it "starts with g", but that it's part of GNOME,
whereas KDM is part of KDE. They also use the respective widget toolkits.

        Kevin Kofler