KDE logout options with F8

Christopher Aillon caillon at redhat.com
Wed Oct 31 11:30:02 UTC 2007

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> GNOME display manager is not logically associated with GNOME Desktop
> Environment? If that's the case, it makes it even more illogical that
> GNOME display manager is default for KDE Desktop Environment. Either we
> have a neutral display manager that works well for them both (it doesn't
> in this case since there is a regression in functionality inflicted by
> our defaults) or we install whatever display manager goes well with the
> desktop environment.

GDM is getting a massive face lift to be more generic.  The original
intent was to get KDE on board as well such that all you'd do is swap
toolkits and use the same backend.  We've been trying to convince KDM
upstream to participate but I've heard there's been pushback because of
something dumb like we need to be bug for bug compatible with the
existing KDM, which is just not going to happen.