KDE logout options with F8

Christopher Stone chris.stone at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 14:33:17 UTC 2007

On 10/31/07, Rahul Sundaram <sundaram at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> Christopher Stone wrote:
> > On 10/31/07, Rahul Sundaram <sundaram at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> >> It would be fantastic if the backend was more neutral like you said
> >> since there are people who might want to run any display manager with
> >> any desktop environment. Meanwhile, throwing around accusations instead
> >> of looking at what KDE maintainers as well as users want in Fedora is
> >> counter productive. Just a while back I was accused of having an agenda
> >> against KDE [1]. Now I get accused of having an agenda towards KDE [2].
> >> I guess, the next one to follow would be XFCE [3]. Others would accuse
> >> Red Hat of crippling KDE and the routine will continue.  Next time,
> >> don't wonder why.
> >>
> >> Rahul
> >>
> >> [1]https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-games-list/2007-September/msg00047.html
> >>
> >> [2]https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2007-October/msg02680.html
> >>
> >> [3]http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/RahulSundaram/XfceLive
> >
> > While I agree with what you have said in this thread, I certainly got
> > the impression you were doing everything within your means to avoid
> > having any kde games in the games spin.  I really don't know why you
> > brought that up here, if you want to continue the discussion about the
> > games spin, please add to the thread on the games list or in private
> > with me.  Thank you.  Sheesh.
>
> I am uninterested in that discussion again. Generally people could be
> more courteous instead of throwing around accusations of bias without
> understanding the factors involved. We can do better.

I still do not understand why you brought it up again in this thread
especially in light of the fact that you are not interested in it.

I guess you want everyone on the fedora devel list to analyze the
games thread and try and determine if my accusations of bias were
unjustified (which they were not).

Did I not clearly ask that you send this to me either in private or
start up the thread again on the games list?