KDE logout options with F8

Vikram Goyal vikigoyal at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 15:22:30 UTC 2007

On Wed, Oct 31, 2007 at 08:33:12AM -0400, Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Wed, 31 Oct 2007 11:17:14 +0530
> Vikram Goyal <vikigoyal at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Whoops! goes the fedora KDE integration.
>
> Why does "KDE integration" have to mean throw out all things that don't
> start with K?  Why can't it mean integrate with various bits and pieces
> that should be system standard and DE agnostic (like a display manager
> that can select which session to load)?

That's what we all are saying. Why Not.

But if you go up the thread, there's all kind rubbish without any
logical, meaningful reply, as if OP touched a really raw nerve and all
knee jerk reactions came to surface.

This is about kdm, but the arguments can go about for anything in KDE
to chop it off or atleast make it difficult to use to the point of
dormancy.

If this is called integration then as I said.

<QuotesON>
Really nice direction. Things became a bit clear today. Thanks...
<QuotesOff>

By the way I turned on kdm just now after reading the magical words in
one of the previous reply and found two selinux denied avcs and filed
the bug. The avcs it shows could have been fixed but since people could
not use kdm, they never came to filing bugs.

Thanks!
--
vikram...
--
printk(KERN_ERR "happy meal: Fry guys.");
        linux-2.6.6/drivers/net/sunhme.c