KDE logout options with F8

Christopher Aillon caillon at redhat.com
Wed Oct 31 15:46:49 UTC 2007

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Christopher Aillon wrote:
>> GDM is getting a massive face lift to be more generic.  The original
>> intent was to get KDE on board as well such that all you'd do is swap
>> toolkits and use the same backend.  We've been trying to convince KDM
>> upstream to participate but I've heard there's been pushback because
>> of something dumb like we need to be bug for bug compatible with the
>> existing KDM, which is just not going to happen.
>
> It would be fantastic if the backend was more neutral like you said

Agreed, which might be why I brought it up.

> since there are people who might want to run any display manager with
> any desktop environment. Meanwhile, throwing around accusations instead
> of looking at what KDE maintainers as well as users want in Fedora is
> counter productive. Just a while back I was accused of having an agenda
> against KDE [1]. Now I get accused of having an agenda towards KDE [2].
> I guess, the next one to follow would be XFCE [3]. Others would accuse
> Red Hat of crippling KDE and the routine will continue.  Next time,
> don't wonder why.

Which has what exactly to do with my post?  This is not the first time
you've included seemingly random points in replies to people in this
thread.  You've confused various community members, which is counter
productive.  It could also be a contributing factor to the hostility.
Being a former board member, if you have any issues that need conflict
resolution, you should know of better places to direct them to than
mailing list flame wars.