Kerberos Integration (Was: Fedora Crypto Consolidation Project)

Alexander Boström abo at kth.se
Sat Sep 1 05:53:24 UTC 2007

This reminds me...

I've been meaning to propose a Better Kerberos Integration Project. Is
there anyone else out there who's dissatisfied with the lack of simple
and pervasive integration and support for Kerberos in the free operating
systems, applications and protocols?

If there's any interest, I'm happy to expand on what Kerberos is, why
it's a good thing and where the support is lacking.

In many ways, I'm afraid it would be about catching up to Microsoft
again, because they grabbed Kerberos and ran with it, integrating it
everywhere, because they understand its usefulness, but I'm sure
talented free software hackers can do it even better. :)

/abo