Goal: Increased Modularity?

Richi Plana myfedora at richip.dhs.org
Wed Sep 5 20:34:03 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-09-05 at 21:29 +0200, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:

> > So, where do I find the answer to the question above regarding the
> > correct JAVA_HOME and PATH to use a JVM that is not the system default?
>
> If the question is "what is the list of the roots of all the possible
> VMs that may be released for Linux and packaged using jpp conventions"

Well, one method (and this isn't official AFAIK) is to run "alternatives
--config java" or "alternatives --config javac" and that should give you
a starting point for figuring out the list of JAVA_HOME paths for
packages installed that are blessed by JPackage (or was it Fedora? since
I'm not sure where alternatives support was introduced).
--

Richi Plana