Plan for tomorrows (20070906) FESCO meeting

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Thu Sep 6 04:45:10 UTC 2007

On 06.09.2007 02:03, Jonathan Underwood wrote:
> On 06/09/07, Ralf Corsepius <rc040203 at freenet.de> wrote:

>>> Probably, though I'm against killing it.
>> +1. I am also against killing it.
>>
>> maintainers@ and devel@ serve different purposes and are supposed to
>> have different audiences (package maintenance vs. general fedora
>> development)
>
> That is the principle/ideal behind the two lists existing. However,
> the reality is there is no distinction between what is posted to
> either, just extra work in reading two lists.

+1

The real solution IMHO is to make two lists:

* a "developers" list, where only developers (be it Fedora developers,
developers of other distributions or developers of Linux Software we
ship) discuss. Make it moderated for a months or two to enforce the
target audience -- I suppose afterwards it will work without moderation
if we are a bit careful and point people to the right list.

* one "devel-users" list, which would be successor for fedora-qa,
fedora-test and all those user questions or feature-requests we get on
fedora-devel now. Note that developers that have problems like "is foo
broken on rawhide" should post to this list as well.

Just my 2 cent.

CU
knurd