Plan for tomorrows (20070906) FESCO meeting

Christopher Brown snecklifter at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 13:03:51 UTC 2007

On 06/09/07, Ralf Corsepius <rc040203 at freenet.de> wrote:

> On Wed, 2007-09-05 at 22:32 -0400, Jesse Keating wrote:
> > On Wed, 05 Sep 2007 17:41:02 -0700
> > Peter Gordon <peter at thecodergeek.com> wrote:

> > > Yeah, I'm against killing it for the same reasons as have been stated.
> > > Just was curious, that's all. :)
> >
> > How's this for odd.  We asked to kill it on -maintainers and nobody
> > objected.  We blurb about it on -devel and now we get objections?
> Because subscription to -maintainers isn't mandatory?

Although it is for maintainers of course.

Essentially, maintainers (or those subscribed to the maintainers list) have
asked for it to be closed. Now the discussion moves to -devel and developers
want it left open. Those arguing in favour of leaving -maintainers open are
not subscribed to it (or have missed the rather long thread on the subject -
unlikely) so its difficult to understand how they can appreciate the issue
of crosstalk that is happening. I'm also in favour of -maintainers closure
FWIW or at least would be interested to hear how the line between the two
lists (or a replacement) could be more definitive.

Cheers
Chris

--
http://www.chruz.com