FESCo Meeting Summary for 2007-09-06

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Fri Sep 7 05:46:42 UTC 2007

On 07.09.2007 07:19, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
>
>> +1 -- it's IMHO even hindering work and informations flow if something
>> important to all gets discussed on a dedicated list.
> Weren't you suggesting closing fedora-qa and fedora-test-list and
> creating a new fedora-devel-users mailing list earlier?

Yes.

> Is that still the proposal

If someone drives it I'm all for it.

Albeit I think it won't work if we just create that list, as people will
continue to post on fedora-devel-list. So if we want to disjoin
"devel-users" and "developers" (which IMHO is a good differentiation and
worth different lists) more work would be needed (e.g. create two new
lists and point people currently on
fedora{-qa,-devel,-test,-maintainers} in the right direction.

> and having all the discussions in this list instead?

During the last discussions I got the impression the Board / those on
FAB feared to touch fedora-devel-list. But I think we need to touch it,
as users sometimes post to this list and feed unheard or ignored.
Developers on the other hand seem to be annoyed by users that post their
problems and feature requests here, but are not doing anything else for
Fedora.

> If fedora-devel and fedora-test lists are being merged, the update
> notifications for test updates should probably be send to
> fedora-package-announce list under a new mailman topic and replies
> redirected to this list or the newly created fedora-devel-users list.

+1

CU
knurd