FESCo Meeting Summary for 2007-09-06

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Fri Sep 7 11:03:33 UTC 2007

On 07.09.2007 12:48, Mike Chambers wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-09-07 at 10:49 +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>
>> If fedora-devel and fedora-test lists are being merged, the update
>> notifications for test updates should probably be send to
>> fedora-package-announce list under a new mailman topic and replies
>> redirected to this list or the newly created fedora-devel-users list.
> I think that users are going to confuse these lists no matter what,
> unless either everyone is all on one list, or you have two totally
> distinct lists, that people can surely distinguish between the two.

+1

> Such as fedora-devel-users@ (beta/rawhide users, maintainers, etc.) and
> fedora-project-discuss@ (How fedora as a whole - docs, web, product -
> are discussed to guide it into the promise land).

I suggested something like fedora-project-discuss in the past, but it
fedora-advisory-board seems to mostly serve the purpose of a
list-for-all-fedora-projects currently afaics.

But it's sees FAB is more used by contributors of Fedora projects and
not by normal users. If we want to have a list for those as well then a
fedora-project-discuss in addition might make sense.

>  And the lists
> descriptions need be worded as dummied down as possible so they are
> totally known they are not the same.

+1

> [...]

CU