Aggregation upstream projects are BAD (kdesdk for example)

Colin Walters walters at redhat.com
Sat Sep 8 16:09:14 UTC 2007

On 9/8/07, Hans de Goede <j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl> wrote:

> But then I got a comment to the review it was already in Fedora in kdesdk.
> But
> then why on earth doesn't kdesdk have a Provides umbrello so that yum
> install
> umbrello works? Or even better an umbrello sub-package?

Better search would solve this problem, too:

http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2007-May/msg01151.html

(I'm not sure there's a hard line for when you basically have to give up on
categorization/naming standards and just rely on search, but I think the
Fedora package collection is past it)