Enhancement proposal for Firefox

Adalbert Prokop adalbert.prokop at gmx.de
Mon Sep 10 11:54:16 UTC 2007

Am Montag, 10. September 2007 schrieb Michel Salim:

Hi!

>> 2. Use alsa-oss to allow Firefox (or its plugins) play sound. AFAIK
>> they use OSS now, which will fail in most cases, because /dev/dsp is
>> almost constantly in use by arts/esd/whatever.

> Last time I tried, on a 64-bit platform you can not use alsa-oss with
> 32-bit Firefox. Still nice if you happen to be running at the native
> wordsize, though.

Hmmm, the only thing I can say for sure is: it works in F7. ;-)
I did not thing about it and just tried it. After I've patched the Firefox
start script and let it point to /usr/lib/mozilla (not lib64) I simply
did

aoss firefox

and it was good enough. I would investigate it deeper, but the problem is:
I have no access to this machine any more. It was my friend's laptop.

--
bye,
Adalbert

F u cn rd ths u cnt spl wrth a dm!