Announcing rpmfusion

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Wed Sep 12 06:08:08 UTC 2007

Le mardi 11 septembre 2007 à 23:19 -0400, Bill Nottingham a écrit :
> Rodd Clarkson (rodd at clarkson.id.au) said:
> > The installer asks you to locate your time-zone.  Couldn't you use this
> > as a trigger for including the US patent encumbered stuff for non US
> > citizens.
> >
> > Oh and could this be used for setting my paper preference to A4 by
> > default instead of having to change this each time I set up a printer?
>
> Doesn't LC_PAPER cover this?

If apps respected it.
 locale|grep PAPER
LC_PAPER="fr_FR.UTF-8 ← should not be letter

So many apps hardcode letter by default and revert to it at the
slightest excuse it's not even remotely funny. (another favorite is if
you press print in the app before powering on your printer, the system
will remember the printer was stopped and you have to go into
system-config-printer to restart the print queue)

--
Nicolas Mailhot