Is hang better than crash?

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at seznam.cz
Wed Sep 12 12:59:49 UTC 2007

Hi,

I finally got build xulrunner on my rawhide machine with the sources,
patches and settings from devel and built a hg version of gxine against
it, so far it works and so I'll probably prepare my specfile for the
xulrunner coming. I also consider upgrade to hg version in rawhide as it
seems stable and has some better features (and various fixes for newer
xine-lib and pthreads) than last stable release. I am however unsure as
to whether enable watchdog feature - it aborts gxine if it hangs for
30s. I am asking for your opinions about this. Is hang better than crash
or is it otherwise?

Thanks,
Martin