Announcing rpmfusion

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 16:17:38 UTC 2007

On 9/12/07, Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com> wrote:
> Or, if you need another level of indirection, include a repo that
> doesn't itself have anything controversial but has a package that
> configures yum for repos that might.

oh classy. So how would that work from a user perspective?

Let's say the repo you describe exists... let's call it the
repo-clearinghouse repo. It essentially holds release packages for
each addon repo that can be installed thus configuring the client to
pull packages from different addon repos.

Obviously yum install repoA-release    will install the release
package for repoA, as held in the clearinghouse repo... but how do you
expose things in a way that a user can ask which addon repo they need
to configure?

Say I want support for the new foo codec that can't be shipped in
Fedora.  Do i look in repoA or repoB or repoC ? How would the
repo-clearinghouse repo expose that repoA was the correct location to
find all things related to foo codec? How do I ask which repo to
configure through interaction with the repo-clearinghouse metadata
specifically to get access to all foo codec related packages?

-jef