Announcing rpmfusion

Richi Plana myfedora at richip.dhs.org
Wed Sep 12 18:00:49 UTC 2007

> I am not talking about any repo files. Just a pointer in documentation
> or in any application. The details are explained in FAB list. That
> requires Legal to look into this. No amount of layman arguments can help
> us make a decision and legal perspectives doesn't always make logical
> sense which many tend to assume.

In other words, Fedora's lawyers have deemed it risky (or even downright
illegal) to include in the distro .repo files that would allow users to
download, say, US-illegal codecs even if the repository itself
physically and logistically isn't connected to Fedora. But pointers in
documents can.

There we go. That's what the legal experts are saying. Do I have it
about right?
--

Richi Plana