Announcing rpmfusion

Casey Dahlin cjdahlin at ncsu.edu
Wed Sep 12 18:10:30 UTC 2007

So if I install MP3 support, I get as dependancies the KDE mp3 plugins
and an entire KDE multimedia subsystem, even though I don't use KDE?

This seems to fail to take into account what it is we want to support
mp3s, and how we want to do it. On the one hand that seems like more
info than the user cares about, but on the other hand, if you end up
pulling two desktop environments along with your single codec for
dependancies (I've seen a few fedora users who did not realize they had
a full KDE install on their system because they installed a few QT-based
games).