Disable IPv6 by default.

David Cantrell dcantrell at redhat.com
Thu Sep 13 16:02:51 UTC 2007

On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 17:54:43 +0200
David Woodhouse <dwmw2 at infradead.org> wrote:

> On Thu, 2007-09-13 at 17:48 +0200, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> >
> > At work we only have a IPv4 dhcp-server. But anaconda seems to look for
> > a IPv6 dhcp-server during network-install -- that takes about one minute
> > to time out, which is a bit annoying. Thus I use "noipv6" regularly when
> > installing Fedora at work.
>
> I thought this was fixed. We shouldn't default to DHCPv6 at all -- but
> in F7 I think we still kept trying DHCPv6 even when the user explicitly
> turned it off in the UI.

This has been fixed since Fedora 7.  If you specify no options, the defaults are DHCP for IPv4 and auto neighbor discovery for IPv6.  Previously, if you disabled IPv6 during installation or selected auto neighbor discovery, DHCPv6 still occurred.

--
David Cantrell <dcantrell at redhat.com>
Red Hat / Westford, MA