ZyX Rebootless LiveOS Installer, was Re: Windows based installation of Fedora Linux?

Douglas McClendon dmc.fedora at filteredperception.org
Thu Sep 13 17:14:03 UTC 2007

Ago wrote:
> Douglas McClendon <dmc.fedora <at> filteredperception.org> writes:
>
>> http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-livecd-list/2006-August/msg00000.html
>>
>> http://www.redhat.com/archives/rhl-devel-list/2007-July/msg00768.html
>>
>> as of a couple days ago - (now with GUI and no patch to F7 required)
>>
>> http://gzyx.org  (screenshots even- ooh! ahh!)
>
> Thanks looks very interesting, I'll pass it on to other ubuntu devs in case
> they missed that. I've always liked the idea to eliminate the last reboot, but
> never had time to look into that closely so far.

Actually, it wouldn't be that unreasonable an idea for ubuntu to create
a devicemapper based 'spin' whose sole purpose would be for use with wubi.

Honestly this is on my own personal todo list(until now, minus the 'for
use with wubi' part)...  But odds are I won't get around to it for quite
some time.

-dmc