PackageDB 0.3.1 open for business

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 04:20:24 UTC 2007

Debarshi 'Rishi' Ray wrote:
> Is it possible to have the upstream URL on each package's page (eg.,
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/packages/name/brightside) ?

This information is available via the repository metadata and hence,
repoview carries it.  We could import that information into the
packagedb or pull the information out of repoview.  I think importing it
is less than optimal because it spreads the information to multiple
locations where they can get out of sync with each other.
Unfortunately, repoview is not working for F7+ at the moment so it's not
an ideal time to try building additional structures up around it.

If you'll open a ticket[1]_ on the packagedb's hosted page, I'll look
into linking with repoview and fixing it up if Jesse hasn't had a chance
to work on that yet.  It will probably happen in the post-F8 time frame.

.. _[1]: https://hosted.fedoraproject.org/projects/packagedb/newticket

-Toshio