Disable IPv6 by default.

James Hubbard jameshubbard at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 17:33:22 UTC 2007

On 9/14/07, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" <johannbg at hi.is> wrote:
> Ps.
>          For all you IPv6 Fan boys out there how well is it working when
> implemented???
>          How well is it working out site your LAN/WAN and communicating
> with the rest off the world???
>          How well is strictly use of IPv6 working in communicating out
> site LAN/WAN deployment..
>          How well are ( M$ ) clients handling falling to IPv4 when there
> is no IPv6 AAAA records in DNS servers.
>
>          For a fact company's aren't gonna switch unless ( forced or
> business wize ) they have to <periot>
>
> I vote turn it of by default.

IPV6 is coming and it's not far away.  Some will not update their
fedora systems for a long time even if they can't get support.  (I
know of several FC 2, 3, 4 installations.) It's important for systems
that can support ipv6 to just work when it  does become popular.

I suggest that you search for some information.  I used google with
the terms "ipv6 comcast".   Here are some links:
http://www.nanog.org/mtg-0606/durand.html
http://www.ripe.net/ripe/meetings/ripe-54/presentations/IPv6_management.pdf
http://www.redhat.com/promo/summit/2007/innovate/winners/comcast.html

Already enabled on some US wireless networks.
http://blogs.technet.com/ipv6/archive/2007/05/06/mythbusters-1-no-one-is-using-ipv6.aspx