Disable IPv6 by default.

Richi Plana myfedora at richip.dhs.org
Fri Sep 14 17:55:06 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-09-14 at 17:21 +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
> Then *manually* disabled, module should be blacklisted and any services
> that are IPv6
> dependent or use IPv6 ( for example ip6tables ) should then be disabled
> or that *feature in them.

Well, if we can agree that the process for switching it off is:

# echo blacklist ipv6 >> /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist
# sed -ie /NETWORKING_IPV6=/s/yes/no/ /etc/sysconfig/network || echo
NETWORKING_IPV6=no >> /etc/sysconfig/network
# chkconfig ip6tables off

(note that the commands above aren't supposed to work but is just my way
of stating what needs to be done)

then perhaps I can work on adding those options to s-c-n. I'm not sure
what is required of NM, for now.
--

Richi Plana