Fedora 8 Test 2 Release Notes

Richi Plana myfedora at richip.dhs.org
Fri Sep 14 22:00:16 UTC 2007

> On Fri, 14 Sep 2007 15:52:53 -0600
> Richi Plana <myfedora at richip.dhs.org> wrote:
>
> > Which device-API does the flash plugin use (/dev/dsp-OSS, ALSA)? What
> > was the proposed fix to make it work with PulseAudio enabled?
>
> What I had to do to get it working for me was install the
> pulseaudio-lib.i386 package.  I'm on x86_64 and using flash via
> nspluginwrapper.i386, and thus I needed the i386 pulse libs.  Now it's
> working just fine.

Ah, makes sense. I use nspluginwrapper on my machine, as well, and I
have to install alsa-oss-libs.i386 to make Flash work on F7 without
PulseAudio. (Speaking of which, somebody should inform Adobe to make
certain libs Require'd in their RPM packages). Does anyone know who
maintains their package?
--

Richi Plana