Fedora 8 Test 2 Release Notes

Richi Plana myfedora at richip.dhs.org
Fri Sep 14 22:09:58 UTC 2007

On Sat, 2007-09-15 at 00:00 +0200, Lennart Poettering wrote:

> > > It works fine here.
> >
> > Which device-API does the flash plugin use (/dev/dsp-OSS, ALSA)? What
> > was the proposed fix to make it work with PulseAudio enabled?
>
> Flash uses its own (crappy) audio abstraction called
> libflashsupport.so. pulseaudio-libs installs an implementation of
> that file which connects to PA for audio playback.

Thanks. I was about to ask what pulseaudio-libs had that Flash would
use.

So what did pulseaudio-libs have to implement to get Flash working? Are
there talk with the Penguin.SWF folks on making their stuff use
PulseAudio? Or do we have to live with layers-upon-layers of
abstractions? ;)
--

Richi Plana