Fedora 8 Test 2 Release Notes

Richi Plana myfedora at richip.dhs.org
Sat Sep 15 01:10:28 UTC 2007

> On 9/14/07, Jesse Keating <jkeating at redhat.com> wrote:
> > Warren Togami helps them a lot with their packages, but I'm not sure
> > that's right to require it.  Maybe if they have Fedora specific
> > packages they can require pulseaudio-libs, but I'm not sure they're
> > really fully pulse right now, it may be working through some compat
> > layer.
>
> should nspluginwrapper drag it in?

Jesse: I was actually thinking of alsa-oss-libs.i386, at first.

Jeff: I thought the same thing, but nspluginwrapper doesn't directly
depend on either of the audio libs (I think).

That's why I wanted to find out exactly what the flash-plugin used for
audio output to determine exactly what it should require. It might even
be another virtual package or virtual device file like /dev/dsp

At any rate, flash-plugin will not work properly (no audio) without
either of those packages.
--

Richi Plana