Disable IPv6 by default.

Richi Plana myfedora at richip.dhs.org
Sat Sep 15 17:32:29 UTC 2007

On Sat, 2007-09-15 at 13:18 -0400, Simo Sorce wrote:
> On Sat, 2007-09-15 at 11:11 -0600, Richi Plana wrote:
> > I have to ask people who IPv6 this: What are the advantages of using
> > IPv6 right now? Specially tunneling. Is there anything I can get with
> > using IPv6 at this point that I can't while using IPv4? There's been
> > mention of wireless. Does that have anything to do with it?
>
> Afaik nothing specific to wireless, one GOOD thing is that you have a
> full public address, and you can have a public address on each machine
> in your home/small shop/whatever and get rid of NAT and all the problems
> it causes.

Kind of like NAT, then. Is there an IPv6 address registry? Can I acquire
a publiv IPv6 address space (even if it isn't routeable right now)? I'm
assuming that IPv6 isn't being routed right now and most people just
tunnel. (I'll have to ask my ISP).

I seriously didn't know that IPv6 is actively being routed now (without
tunneling).
--

Richi Plana