Can Name=GenericName go away now, please?

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Mon Sep 17 15:26:20 UTC 2007

Matthias Clasen wrote:

> How do Fedoras various spins change the circumstances that lead to the
> decision ?

Say Fedora Spin X decided to start naming all their "default" apps
similarly.  More specifically, wow would you react if the KDE spin started
calling kmail "Email client" or kword "Word Processor" in the menus too?
Wouldn't you agree this is a bad path to follow and/or a bad precedent to
set?

-- Rex