Announcing the Audio Creation SIG / CCRMA merger effort

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl
Mon Sep 17 19:33:02 UTC 2007

Hi All,

I've been talking lately with Fernando Lopez-Lezcano from CCRMA about making
Fedora a better distro for Audio Creation, mainly focusing on a plan for
getting his excellent CCRMA packages integrated in to Fedora.

Here is the plan we've come up with (quoting from the SIG's wiki page):

"Since Fernando's time is almost fully occupied with maintaining CCRMA and
keeping it up to date, the effort of the integration of CCRMA packages into
Fedora will be mostly done by other Fedora Contributers. The plan is that
Fedora contributers go through CCRMA packages spec files to make them fully
match the Fedora Packaging Guidelines and then submit them for review and make
any necessary changes to pass review. Fernando will be put in the CC of the
review, and will be made co-maintainer of packages want the are imported into
the Fedora Package Collection. This way the packaging expertise and manpower of
the Fedora Community can be combined with the vast Audio Creation experience of
Fernando. This effort will be spearheaded by Hans de Goede (me)."

The SIG wiki says Fedora Contributers, as I'm hoping that some of you are also
interested in this and are willing to help out. There are a lot of CCRMA
packages and we could use your help. Hence the creation of the Audio Creation
SIG, where all interested contributers can join and help out. The Audio
Creation SIG is further described here:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/AudioCreation

Even more then help with checking and fixing the packages for guidelines
compliance, we need people to review them, I've submitted the first 4 for
review and many more will follow. So if you have some interest in Audio
Creation under Fedora, please help with reviewing audio related packages, there
is an continuously kept up2date list of packages needing review on the wiki
page. As most of you know I'm a very experienced packager, so the reviews
should go as smooth as a babies buttocks :)

Thanks & Regards,

Hans