Root login in rawhide and display managers

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Tue Sep 18 13:51:49 UTC 2007

On Wed, 19 Sep 2007 09:00:58 -0400
Alan Cox <alan at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 19, 2007 at 06:23:28PM +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> > There was some discussions in fedora-desktop list into moving this
> > option away from first boot into Anaconda itself so that this would
> > be mandatory. This is indeed a good thing to do in this instance.
> > Do file a RFE in Anaconda. The idea was to entirely get rid of
> > first boot if
>
> If you file an RFE please post the number here so I can attach a
> violent disagreement to the bug

My suggested method was that you were presented with a user add option
in anaconda, but the ability to opt out (for say network login
systems).  If you opt-out then the no root login policy could be
lifted, but if you opt-in and create a local user then only that local
user would be allowed to graphical log in upon boot (unless you
manually change policy through a gui tool or a hand edit.)

--
Jesse Keating