Root login in rawhide and display managers

Richi Plana myfedora at richip.dhs.org
Wed Sep 19 14:45:19 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-09-19 at 10:24 -0400, Matthew Miller wrote:
> > >Ahhhh. So it's to be a selling point for RHEL? "Look! Fedora's desktop spin
> > >isn't useable here. Buy RHEL, will ya?"
> > >Grrr.
> > Can you try and be more reasonable?
>

> Probably. :) No coffee yet this morning. But what I meant was: just because
> RHEL customers are an *example* of a class where this is obviously a bad
> idea doesn't mean that it's not also a bad idea for Fedora users.

I think what Rahul is trying to impress upon us is that RHEL is to be
treated like any other distro spinner out there. Fedora chooses its
default but makes it easy for anyone else to customize their spin as
they see it. They're also welcome to provide feedback. Fedora isn't
trying to be the perfect default. It's just chosen its target and allows
others to spin off of it.
--

Richi Plana