Root login in rawhide and display managers

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at hi.is
Wed Sep 19 15:22:06 UTC 2007

Alan Cox wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 19, 2007 at 10:04:59AM -0400, Colin Walters wrote:
>
>> As the desktop spin is designed for home users on laptops, I don't
>> think it should offer remote authentication as an option during
>> installation at all, so there is no failure scenario here.  For people
>> who want to set up labs of Fedora desktop machines - that's what the
>> DVD and kickstart files are for.
>>

> Insert clue:
>
> I have a laptop and desktop boxes. I have better things to do that download
> two sets of media. (and no the laptop doesn't have a DVD drive, and yes its
> less than 12 months old)
>
> Alan

+1
Plus too many option for users means too many things can go wrong....
So keeping simple set of installation-images ( we should not start to
release fedora-desktop, fedora-server,fedora-laptop,
fedora-blue,fedora-black etc etc.. )
and rather let the user choose what *type* of fedora he wants in Anaconda...

Best regards
                   Johann B.

--

Johann B. Gudmundsson. RHCE,CCSA
Unix System Engineer.
Taeknigardi, Dunhaga 5.			Email:		johannbg at hi.is
IS-107 Reykjavik.			Phone:		+354-525-4267
Iceland.				  Fax:		+354-552-8801