Root login in rawhide and display managers

Richi Plana myfedora at richip.dhs.org
Wed Sep 19 14:52:08 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-09-19 at 14:06 +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
> User should be able to turn on/off/enable/disable  services ( the
> service's that aren't the mandatory one's ) in Anaconda

Beg to disagree. Anaconda should just concentrate on getting the real
Fedora image installed so that it becomes the running system (its kernel
and filesystem is used). You can argue for it at firstboot, though. Or
just put it in kickstart (if possible).

I think firstboot is being thinned down to just retain the bare minimum
needed for a Desktop login.

What's the time differential anyway between doing it at Install time and
waiting to log in as a regular user? Or is it that you want a window to
pop up on first Log-on (we don't really take advantage of first login,
unfortunately) to ask you if you want to configure some additional
services?
--

Richi Plana