Root login in rawhide and display managers

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Wed Sep 19 16:05:56 UTC 2007

On Wed, Sep 19, 2007 at 08:57:36AM -0600, Richi Plana wrote:
> > That'd be really annoying to have to resort to that for a one-off
> > installation.
> A one-off? I might be misunderstanding you, but I thought you were
> arguing for network-based account installs and multiple machines? If
> it's just one machine, then does it really matter whether you do it at
> firstboot or Anaconda?

Consider an environment where network authentication is desired but OS
choice is not enforced. People are likely to download and want to use the
Fedora Desktop spin on their desktop computers.

But this is all really a moot point because I think it's highly unlikely
that anaconda will go back to its old behavior -- that stuff was moved out
for reasons other than policy.