bodhi interface changes

Luke Macken lmacken at redhat.com
Wed Sep 19 17:21:16 UTC 2007

Hey everyone,

I recently made some UI modifications to my bodhi development branch that, in my opinion, make things a bit more elegant, and remove a lot of unnecessary data.

    http://lmacken.fedorapeople.org/before.png
    http://lmacken.fedorapeople.org/after.png

So, with regard to the left side menu, I re-organized it by Release, instead of by update status.  This not only makes things less redundant, but will also allow us to know exactly what release an update is getting pushed for in the New Update Form -- which will let us remove the release dropdown[0], and auto-complete *only* builds that *can* be pushed for that specific release.

Regarding the update list.. I removed the Release column and the status, because that can be implied by the title of the list.  I also added a submitter column, because accountability is a good thing.  With the pending screen, I added a Request column, so people can get a quick glance as to where the updates are going.

I wanted to run this by everyone, to avoid any OMGWTFREGRESSION!1 emails, and to see if anyone has any comments/suggestions/oppositions.

luke

[0]: https://hosted.fedoraproject.org/projects/bodhi/ticket/84