diff missing in plague buildroot

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Thu Sep 20 02:42:36 UTC 2007

On Wed, 19 Sep 2007 14:01:03 +0200
mschwendt.tmp0701.nospam at arcor.de (Michael Schwendt) wrote:

> http://buildsys.fedoraproject.org/logs/fedora-6-extras/36389-fslint-2.24-1.fc6/noarch/build.log
>
> Checking for unpackaged
> file(s): /usr/lib/rpm/check-files /var/tmp/fslint-2.24-1-root-mockbuild /usr/lib/rpm/check-files:
> line 25: diff: command not found
>

> Strange. Has anybody changed the FE6 buildroot defs?
> Doesn't rpm-build require diffutils anymore?

Yeah, it looks like the buildsys-build package was updated recently to
match the new min buildroot requirements. ;(

diffutils is no longer required by buildsys-build.

I personally would say we should just revert back to the previous one,
especially since fc6 isn't going to be around too much longer anyhow.
I don't think it gains us much to change it at this point...

> EPEL5+4 don't seem to be affected.

Yeah, they were updated I think, then reverted due to a bug...

kevin