mono Provides

Richi Plana myfedora at richip.dhs.org
Thu Sep 20 17:46:07 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-09-20 at 10:06 -0600, Richi Plana wrote:
> There was a certain beauty and elegance to the /opt/<package>/(bin|lib)
> system of yore. Too bad it was abandoned rather than
> integrated/improved.

Come to think of it, if I were going to do things all over again, I'd
probably allow for both system-wide installs into /usr as well as
per-package installs in /opt/<package>/(bin|lib|perl5|python2.5|
java-classpath|mono-libs).

Off-topic: is there a way to change a process's environment variables
from a different process (but with the same UID or UID=root)?
--

Richi Plana