[RFC] /var versus /srv

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Fri Sep 21 15:20:58 UTC 2007

Le Ven 21 septembre 2007 15:39, Jesse Keating a écrit :
> On Fri, 21 Sep 2007 09:19:43 -0400
> seth vidal <skvidal at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
>
>> so while your argument for not using it in the distro is fine -the
>> reality is that this is what is actually done by sysadmins all over
>> the world.
>
> In fact, that evidence makes it even /more/ important that we as a
> distro don't put anything in /srv/ that would disrupt what a local
> admin may be using it for.

That evidence makes it even /more/ important we either reserve part of
/srv for default services or create a distro-managed srv-equivalent
alongside.

It's ridiculous to argue the same data should be managed differently
depending on whether the admin touched the server default config files
or not.

--
Nicolas Mailhot