hpet timer patch for powertop

Ahmed Kamal email.ahmedkamal at googlemail.com
Sat Sep 22 19:00:31 UTC 2007

Cool, but it seems that my tickless kernel is ticking! Also since "grep -i
hpet /proc/timer_list" returns nothing, it seems my BIOS is disabling hpet,
so the hpet force-enable patch is needed. I guess the question now is, will
F8 kernel contain that patch? Since the powertop guys say that *lots* of
BIOSs disable hpet, I think it's beneficial to merge that.