Orphaning Packages/Retiring Packager
dev at nigelj.com
Mon Sep 24 09:30:13 UTC 2007
Hi everyone, just a quick message to say that I'll no longer be
maintaining packages for the Fedora Project (hence a lot of Orphan
messages going out on fedora-extras-commits at present).
Main reasons include:
* I'm not a big fan of the post merge Fedora
* CentOS & RHEL suit my linux views at the moment (at least I'm not
updating every half hour).
* I have a contract that legally means I can't contribute (tbh I'm not
worried about this one, because I spend so much time at work or on the
bus, that at the end of the day I wouldn't have the time if the contract
So long and thanks for all the fish!
(Please keep me in CC for any replies)
As a reference I'm going through manually and orphaning the following
* calcurse -- Text-based personal organizer
* redet -- Regular expression development and execution tool
* redet-doc -- Documentation for redet
* timidity++ -- A software wavetable MIDI synthesizer
* windowlab -- Small and Simple Amiga-like Window Manager
(Anything else is just EL branches of packages)
More information about the fedora-devel-list