What prevents mldonkey from inclusion into Fedora?

Bernardo Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Tue Sep 25 12:43:42 UTC 2007

Peter Lemenkov wrote:

> Hello All!
> We already have software which helps to create bittorrent, ftp and
> maybe some other servers for file sharing and huge number of clients
> for them. So why not to add mldonkey?

I see no reason why mldonkey shouldn't be allowed in Fedora.  It's licensed
as GPL and the protocol it supports are not patented.  This wiki page
listing all the restrictions doesn't mention P2P servers:

  http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/ForbiddenItems

An RPM is already in Livna.  You could ask the maintainer if he wishes to
open a review request for Fedora.  Or you could do it yourself.

--
 \___/
 |___|  Bernardo Innocenti - http://www.codewiz.org/