NetworkManager-0.7 can't make new wireless connection

Matthew Saltzman mjs at CLEMSON.EDU
Wed Sep 26 16:25:05 UTC 2007

I have NetworkManager-0.7.0-0.3.svn2852.fc8.  When I pop down the menu
in nm-applet and select "connect to new wireless network", nothing
happens.  I would expect a popup menu allowing me to specify a SSID and
connection protocols, but I get nothing.

This is a Thinkpad T61 with iwl3945, in case that matters.  Kernel is
2.6.23-0.202.rc8.f8, but the issue has occurred ever since the first
NM-0.7 was pushed, with whatever kernels have been pushed since then.  I
have set selinux to permissive, so there shouldn't be anything
preventing access to anything.  One thing is, the SSID I want is hidden,
and it's the only one in the area.

Bug?  Or user error?  Anyone have it working?

Thanks.
--
                Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences